Tomorrow's Post:
Skyrim and why it's amazing

Friday, December 16, 2011

Saints Row the Third: A review of some sort

So yeah I just finished playing through the main storyline of Saints Row the Third, the most recent edition of this series that was dev'd by Volition, Inc. and published by THQ. Released back in mid-November this game took fans of the Saints series by storm.

For those of you who aren't familiar with this game but are familiar with the GTA series, think of this game as very much like GTA, but is more based around 'homies' and your game rather than being individualistic with your character. Oh damn more informationz. Link opens in a new window, don't sweat ;o

I haven't actually been a hardcore Saints fan at all, but I decided to give this game a whirl because I played with some friends while waiting for best buy to open on black friday. Fucking ruthless shoppers, man. And last week I got a chance to buy it off a friend, oh yeah. Needless to say four days later and I've put about twenty hours into it and have roughly 95% completed. "And the no-lifer award of the year goes to..." Shut your mouth I enjoy never getting women. ;-;

Anyways I started playing and it was very new to me because I'm very inexperienced with games like this, specifically this series and GTA. Oh, and GTA is Grand Theft Auto for those idiots out there. It's what I like to call half-open world because you can explore and find things without following the main quest first, but you can't explore inside every building. Take Skyrim and how you can explore every dungeon, go in every house, look at ALL the boobs (inserts meme).  That's a full-open world right there. Also I masturbate to Skyrim, so I would know.

Regarding the storyline, I was content with it. Not brain fuckingly (?) amazing or creative, but I found myself getting into it. However I do have two complaints: You can't actually learn more from what's given to you through cut scenes and stock character dialogue and the end kind of was put together very fast and didn't see it coming, but not in the good way. For the first part, I mean like in Skyrim you can go up to people and ask them questions about the town and rumors and such, but in Saints you learn what's going on from the cut scenes and when your character and another character are talking while driving around or something like that. And the second part, I'm not spoiling anything here, but it took two things that should have been seperate like they were all game and just threw them together in the most predictable way possible. Bit of a let down, but an enjoyable game nonetheless.

Also there were many near naked boobs \o/ go dev nerds.

gay4skyrim

No comments:

Post a Comment